FLOOR BURN AWARD: KU vs BU - Jan 20

• I think we can make this FLOOR BURN AWARD short and sweet:

Wayne Selden

In case anyone on the planet hasn’t seen Wayne’s sudden desire to leave the Baylor game and join the third row to steal some popcorn:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10325770

It was good enough to land Wayne the #1 spot on Sportscenter.

The play, combined with Joel Embiid’s baby hook score, pushed the Kansas lead to 9 and they never looked back after that.

Bill Self hadn’t shown that much excitement since April 7, 2008!

But Wayne wasn’t finished showing his hustle… he wanted to make sure he’d win the FLOOR BURN AWARD again by sliding across the hardwood for another loose ball in the final moments, after the game was already in hand. That may be even more impressive than his dive into the crowd; Wayne’s effort shown at the end of 40 minutes!

Kudos to Tarik Black for continuing to give up his body drawing charges!

Conference Season Tally:

Wayne Selden 2

Frank Mason 1

Andrew Wiggins 1

Joel Embiid 1

Naadir Tharpe 1

Tarik Black 1

• @drgnslayr great choice, I was pretty excited w/Taricks charges. It’s nice to know its hard to decide on one! Also Jamari and Wiggins hit the floor pretty hard going to the bucket. Thx!

• @drgnslayr

A no brainer. It might end up being the floor burn play of the year.

• @drgnslayr copy and paste. And its even more amazing, if he’s doing it with bad knees. Something has not seemed right about Selden in either the OSU, or Baylor, game. JNewell mentioned some knee pillows vs. OSU. But I figured those were being worn prophylactically, because he was going to start trying to go snag some 50/50s. But his line score is very thin and his get to the rim game seems muted, He’s guarding, but not helping with as much range. You noticing anything?

• I agree Seldon’s hustle play diving out of bounds was huge, but he has been doing it since the OU game. I think in every game since then he has been motivated to get the ball.

Now on a sour note of his play, Doug Gottlieb had to go on cbsradio and his twitter for the second straight KU game and show pics of plays the refs made, this time was that Seldons foot was on the line. He couldn’t say that it was a great play only that the refs missed it some how. During the oust game he had to post a pick of Blacks foot on the baseline before a dunk and on Embid’s block through the rim.

Apparently Doug is flawless in his lif…Oh wait no he’s not he has a permeant felony record for stealing credit cards, and lets not forget how he wears his shorts.

Way to go Wayne, keep getting those floor burns and the W’s will keep happening.

• One morning a blind bunny was hopping down the bunny trail, and he tripped over a large snake and fell, kerflop, right on his twitchy little nose. “Oh, please excuse me!” said the bunny. “I didn’t mean to trip over you, but I’m blind and can’t see.”

“That’s perfectly all right,” replied the snake. “To be sure, it was my fault. I didn’t mean to trip you, but I’m blind too, and I didn’t see you coming. By the way, what kind of animal are you?”

“Well, I really don’t know,” said the bunny. "I’m blind, and I’ve never seen myself. Maybe you could examine me and find out.

"So the snake felt the bunny all over, and he said, “Well, you’re soft, and cuddly, and you have long silky ears, and a little fluffy tail and a dear twitchy little nose, you must be a bunny rabbit!”

The bunny said, “I can’t thank you enough. But by the way, what kind of animal are you?”

The snake replied that he didn’t know, so the bunny agreed to examine him.

When the bunny was finished, the snake said, “Well, what kind of an animal am I?”

The bunny had felt the snake all over, and replied, “You’re slimy, you’re low to the ground, you have a forked tongue, you’re soft with no backbone and feel like a pecker with no balls and for the life of me I cannot tell your head from your ass … YOU ARE Doug Glottlieb.”

• @JRyman -

Gottlieb has been more problematic for CBS than they had anticipated. CBS has been taking a PR hit on Gottlieb, even on their own website blogs.

I’m not certain CBS will renew Gottlieb’s contract or might just give him a pay-out and the boot. I’ve been trying to find the details of his multi-year contract with CBS…

http://www.cbscorporation.com/news-article.php?id=893

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9110248/cbs-doug-gottlieb-sorry-white-man-perspective-line

Gottlieb had made such a positive impression on CBS before bringing him on, and CBS failed to to properly vet Gottlieb’s past. Part of their original intent was to position him towards the top on their March Madness broadcasts.

Is it really that hard to find men or women with solid college basketball knowledge and also possess microphone skills? (and without a background in credit card theft and smart enough to not piss off most of America when opening his/her mouth with race blurbs or biased commentary!)

I can think of at least 20 or so people on this website who can compete on the knowledge aspects and all 20 or so possess a respectful decorum while discussing basketball.

• @JayHawkFanToo Very apropos, JHFT! Made my day, the resurrection of that old joke.