So Big 12 is what with the future alignment ? -- Whoaaa

• Now seeing in many spots that if & when the ACC implodes—which it is going to implode now seeing /hearing that behind the scenes from what they are saying inside sources that Brett Yormork and Big 12 are or have been having discussions about getting to Have Duke join the Big 12 –

The Commissioner realizes that in order as he realizes that he has to make MORE money in Basketball to facilitate Football, a the Big 12 really has no Name Brand team for football purposes. So in order to try and keep up and for the Big 12 Conference to probably survive needs to be even better in Basketball. - - So now Yormork and the Big 12 have been in discussions about the combination of having Duke & Gonzaga join for Basketball as a package. Hoping if they get Duke to join that will be enough to sway Gonzaga to join the Conference.

Saying that yes while Duke football will neve be great in football , they at least have a respectable football, – just what’s being said-- we shall see, after the ACC implodes anything is possible - Big and SEC won’t take them and they don’t want to get left out in the cold when the ACC is finished- -could be interesting

• I’m real close to giving up on college sports altogether. I have lots of projects, a big yard, and a boat to go try and catch a fish now and then. “They’re” making it too damn complicated to be a fan anymore.

• @nuleafjhawk said in So Big 12 is what with the future alignment ? -- Whoaaa:

I’m real close to giving up on college sports altogether. I have lots of projects, a big yard, and a boat to go try and catch a fish now and then. “They’re” making it too damn complicated to be a fan anymore.

True, gotten to the point with this NIL – there is no such thing as College sports anymore. With the NIL, it has destroyed the G league, which I was never in favor of either but now with the way with the NIL even the G league can’t keep up.

• @nuleafjhawk in winning the 2022 natty and the football team being competitive probably saved that fate for me but I long the 90s and early 00s in college athletics. Used to be fun to play mostly schools from your demographic and see how you matched up in the postseason. With the ACC likely imploding we could end up with teams in 4 different time zones. I miss the ole big 8 and original 12 teams in this conference. The Missouri rivalry was one of the best in college sports as well as one of the oldest.

• I don’t watch minor league sports. Hopefully college basketball continues to hold my attention. 2020 regular season was the peak of my fandom and the 2020 post season was potentially the beginning of the end. Or just the beginning of a new chapter.

• As you may or may not noticed from my lack of participation I have lost a lot of interest in sports over the past year or too. Rule changes, NIL, transfer portal, it all adds up to a less than stellar experience in my view. I am watching the NFL changes in dismay, yes I do like the idea of protecting players just not the methods. Baseball lost me totally to the point I won’t even listen to the games anymore much less attend one. Hell I might stoop to watching cricket soon!

• Now I’m hearing from a podcast that coming from aa insider to Miami, that works inside Miami program could be a decent chance Miami lands in the big 12- -things might get crazy

• @Kubie Golf is relaxing. To watch. Ok - to nap to.

And I actually do like to take in a couple of Royal’s games every season. I mean, who doesn’t want to pay $43 for a miniscule basket of chicken fingers and two bottles of water? I could not be paid to watch baseball on TV, unless it’s the World Series.