Well , Well lookie here N Carol bowing their necks- -looks like they got a set

• Gonna be interesting next week for sure in North Carolina- - HUGE WEEK , having a meeting next Wednesday , possibly vote to give the Board of Governors , as to where if the vote is approved , example if Carolina wanted to change conference affiliation - -if the Board of trustees went a long with it- -if the President agreed with it- -the Board of Governors could shut that down and veto N Carolina from changing Conferences looking out for the best interests they said for Carolina.

If the ACC should happen to implode the Board of Governors could keep Carolina force them to stay put – this pretty much ties N Carolina and NC State at the hip also , they was going into it saying some how that they could keep NC State from changing Conferences also .This meeting and possible vote does not effect any other Schools in the ACC other then N Carol & NC State. Brian Murphy broke this about 1 :29 this afternoon -going to be interesting to see if they vote and pass it to give the Board of Governors more power or not - -WOW

• @jayballer67 so what ACC leftovers could the big12 pickup when it dissolves? FSU UNC to big10/sec.

I wish we could go back to the big 8 era conferences! I don’t like these new conferences blowing up centuries long rivalries. But it isn’t going back.

• @dylans said in Well , Well lookie here N Carol bowing their necks- -looks like they got a set:

@jayballer67 so what ACC leftovers could the big12 pickup when it dissolves? FSU UNC to big10/sec.

I wish we could go back to the big 8 era conferences! I don’t like these new conferences blowing up centuries long rivalries. But it isn’t going back.

I hear ya buddy, I wish Mizzou & Neb would of stayed in the Big 8 right ? hell I can’t remember. IF the ACC dos implode and think it will, might take some time BUT like they say It will, we all know that FSU wants out and will get out & once that happens it will star to roll. Been a lot of talk with FSU will go BIG , N Carolina and quite possibly Clemson SEC --Good chance Virginia .Virginia Tech SEC - -then you have

Mentioned the most to possibilities to the Big 12 would be Pitt for the natural rivalry backyard brawl with WV and be closer for Cincinnati would make that East coast or ar least closer pod of Wv , Pitt , Cinn & UCF

Then talk of Louisville- - - NC State although think that NCarol & NC State especially if this vote goes through next week - -NC State be tied at the hip and some talk of Miami coming to the Big 12. Next week is big in more ways then one.

• I’m excited that UNC / Duke could get blown up. That warms my heart.

• Oh boy. More UNC System drama. My former employer never fails to entertain. UNC-CH doesn’t have a chancellor and now the BOG is asserting itself in conference realignment. YEEEEEE HAAAAAW

• @approxinfinity said in Well , Well lookie here N Carol bowing their necks- -looks like they got a set:

I’m excited that UNC / Duke could get blown up. That warms my heart.

I wonder where Duke would go if there is no ACC

• @dylans you are kidding right? Straight back to Hell of course.

• @dylans said in Well , Well lookie here N Carol bowing their necks- -looks like they got a set:

I wonder where Duke would go if there is no ACC

Well, they have always acted as arrogantly as if they are Ivy League.

• @approxinfinity No genuinely curious - I don’t see where they fit anywhere. Big East maybe?

• Bring Duke and Gonzaga into the Big 12.

• Now this meeting and more then likely vote Wednesday pertains to N Carolina & NC State only If this passes they said a School departing would have to also present a financial package and the Governes could veeto that package - -just some really crazy stuff