WS Game 7 -- Winner Takes All

• @brooksmd On to KU hoops & title # 11 !!

• @brooksmd Me too guys-big time. But…Buck still sucks !!

• Wish they would’ve sent Gordon on home… would have been close, but probably a better shot than Perez getting a hit.

ANYHOO, that was a fun month

• Atleast itwasn’t a loss to the Cards-that’s Bucks team.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Just read the story on Tarik making the roster. Fantastic. A good guy wins.

• @DanR should have sent him!!

• Yeah you put the pressure on the d to make a perfect throw and play at the plate. Could’ve bounced it off the catcher, kicked it out of the glove or any number of things. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

• @DanR Me too Dan-that was the closest to a chance we had all night v Bumbutter. I’da sent his ass regardless. Make em the damn play after they’re kickin the ball all around the flippin outfield-JMO I’da also PH Willimgham for Aoki in the eighth. Yost was waitin for something big to happen with small baseball. Glad I wasn’t holding my breath.

• @brooksmd Well @brooksmd & @Crimsonorblue22 , I’m sure we’ll talk again soon guys. Hats off to you & yours & thanks for sharing a fun 3 weeks of Blue October. The first we’ve enjoyed in 29 long & painful years. In a few weeks I’ll have the fireplace roaring & be in my bathrobe too !! GN ya’ll.

• @globaljaybird ha ha!! Never again!

• @Crimsonorblue22 That’s not what she said !!

• Hats off to the Royals! 👏 👏 👏

If you’d told me four weeks ago the Royals would be in game 7 of the WS, I would have taken it.

2014 American League Champs. No one can take that away.

• Until the Playoffs, I hadn’t watched a single inning of Major League Baseball in 25 years.

I watched every pitch of every game since the Wild Card game.

I can’t believe my heart is broken after watching a team for one month.

Thank you 2014 Kansas City Royals for renewing my interest in baseball.

• collage.jpg I really think that Hosmer is Pollard’s son.

• @nuleafjhawk I don’t know what you call someone who doesn’t watch a game for 25 years and then jumps on the bandwagon, because that goes way beyond fair weather fan, so I guess I’ll just say welcome back to America’s best sport!

• @wissoxfan83 got to say, a lot of people, all over, fell in love w/a great group of underdogs!!! They never quit! Can’t wait til next year!! I’m not a baseball fan, but I’m a Royals fan.

• @wissoxfan83 I know - I thought about not even posting that, but it’s the truth.

All I can say is a BUNCH of us old timers quit watching “America’s best sport” 25-30 years ago. And some of them didn’t watch this series either!

Funny thing is, I LOVE watching/coaching/little league and softball - I lose some of that love every time I go to a pro ballpark and wait for my credit card bill to show up. It’s just obscene how much it costs to pay these players.

Well - now I remember why I didn’t watch for so long…

• @wissoxfan83 said:

@nuleafjhawk I don’t know what you call someone who doesn’t watch a game for 25 years and then jumps on the bandwagon, because that goes way beyond fair weather fan, so I guess I’ll just say welcome back to America’s best sport!

America’s best sport? Duuuuuude…what is wrong with you…:) …(just kidding, of course)

P.S. Baseball has lost more than half its audience in the last 25 years.

• @JayHawkFanToo I know those are treasonous words here! Baseball is a sick sport. Bud Selig has driven it into near irrelevance. They’re talking about letting FS1 televise the World Series in the future if you can believe that. But I still love it, which doesn’t mean I don’t love KU basketball!

• @globaljaybird This one’s for you and Rascal. The quote that goes with it: “I swear, I’m just as baffled as you are.”

link text

• @brooksmd Oh my !! Heaven forbid brooks !! But that’s surely what they do. Once Woodrow absolutely shredded a very large doggie bed full of cedar shavings & was eerily reminiscent of that pic. Also a very expensive comforter, maybe even the same week. His mother Roxy once decimated a large hand sewn door stop of a mother goose full of sand & basically said the exact same thing-Im so sorry BUT…They just sit there with perfect posture & look at you with those sorrowful eyes like they know perfectly well what they did was wrong but just couldn’t help completely destroying something anyway. They’re just so damn lovable & cute & regretful you can’t help but give em a pass. Hard to believe I’m willing to go thru this again as Rascal’s just a yearling, but our hearts were so hurt since losing Woodrow we dearly wanted to give an abandoned boxer a loving home. No doubt Rascal could as easily be named lucky. Thanks for the pic brooks-kinda puts it all in perspective. How many do you have now? Four?

• @globaljaybird Three. The doxie, shiz zou and Mikey whatever he is. Except of course when we babysit our son’s pit. Yeah it’s hard to be mad at’em when they give you that look. BTW, I found this while on the net today. Grab your box of Kleenex.

It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.

• @brooksmd I love it. What’s his name? He sure had some fun!

• @Crimsonorblue22 Don’t know the name. It’s just something somebody posted on the net. There were several different ones but I grabbed that one cause the villian is a boxer.

• @globaljaybird @Crimsonorblue22 Okay, here are the other innocents until proven guilty. Enjoy.

link text

• Today’s news Editorial: Royal run They didn’t win the World Series, but they certainly won over some new fans. EmailPrintFacebookTweetPost a comment By J-W Staff October 31, 2014

ADVERTISEMENT

We knew that Lawrence was full of Kansas University basketball fans, but it wasn’t until the last month that it became apparent how many local residents also were Royals baseball fans.

An exciting post-season run has a way of bringing out the Royal blue, which bears a striking resemblance to KU blue.

A number of local events were canceled or rescheduled to avoid a conflict with the World Series games. At least some events that went forward were marked by audience members sneaking peaks at their cell phones to get an update on the games. Royals fans aren’t used to having to plan their schedules around the World Series, but this year was a delightful exception.

The Royals stretched their season to the limit. The fact that they came up a little short in their last game doesn’t diminish the surprising run of this young, talented team.

Congratulations to the Royals. You’ve certainly found some new fans in Lawrence.

• @Crimsonorblue22 Hear! Hear!

• More good news!

image.jpg

• @Crimsonorblue22 Thanks for the story. Of course in California opposing fans are happy to get out of the stadium without getting the crap beat out of them. Reminds me of the network broadcasting team talking about the Royals players who while in Baltimore during pre-game played catch with kids in the stands. Think that didn’t make an impression on some young fans? Warms your heart thinking about it.

• @brooksmd love this story!